Online Jewellery Cataloguer and Retail Sales Assistant
Job type: Full Time
Salary: Competitive – Depending on Experience
We have an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about vintage, antique and fine contemporary jewellery and would like to work in our small but ambitious and growing business.
We currently have a vacancy for Online Jewellery Cataloguer and Retail Sales Assistant. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, personable and capable of delivering a very high standard of service to our customers in the antique and fine jewellery market.
Applicants must have a substantial interest in fine / antique jewellery and a minimum of two years previous experience within the jewellery industry is essential. A gemmology qualification or other qualification relating to the jewellery industry would also be an advantage.
A positive ‘can do’ attitude is crucial, with a natural ability for engaging with a diverse range of customers. Candidates must have a smart appearance, impeccable attention to detail, excellent communication, good numeracy skills and have excellent IT skills.
The ideal candidate will strive to continually develop their jewellery product knowledge. They will be focused, hard working and organised. They will be enthusiastic and keen to develop and enhance the presentation of our jewellery collection both online and instore.
The nature of our business means that you may occasionally be required to work additional hours during peak trading periods. Saturday work is required.
Specific duties will include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of the retail showroom for business in advance of opening and the careful packing away of all stock each evening after closing.
- Dealing with customer enquiries, advising customers on the various options within our stock and assisting them in making the correct choice when selecting jewellery (online and instore).
- Preparation of product listings for our website including the photography of jewellery, drafting descriptions of pieces and updating the website in line with stock movements (technical training will be provided in regard to this aspect of the job however a high level of IT proficiency is essential).
- Ensuring that stock is presented in the best possible manner in our retail showroom (cabinets, trays, window, individual items and shop in general)
- Various administrative duties including but not limited to the preparation of draft jewellery valuations, packing and shipping of items ordered online etc.
- The proactive and continuous improvement of our website product listings.
- Continually develop deep product knowledge so that the information can be written and / or discussed with customers.
To apply for this position please email us your CV to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org